Saturday, May 15, 2010

Alan Wake overrated says the community

This game hasn't even been released yet and people are already destroying it in message boards.  Apparently the game got leaked about a week ago and every pirate and their mother have finished the game.  In addition, many people claim to have legally bought the game in places that broke the street date.

This has come as a shock to many as IGN(the granddaddy of reviewers to the masses) gave the game a 9.  The biggest complaints seen online is that the game's story is too pretentious and complicated for its own good.  It tries way too hard to be smart but ends up feeling flat and moronic.  Additionally, the characters in the game are supposed to comprise the most annoying cast we've seen since MTV's The Hills.  That is a big problem for a game that is supposed to be story and character driven.  On the bright side of things, it appears to be agreed by everyone that the gameplay is amazing and the suspense created in game is something to behold.

I am not one to judge a game before playing it and I'll still get around to playing this to form my own opinion.  However, if there is one thing I've learned throughout my years of gaming is to trust a unanimous THIS GAME IS OVERRATED from a community that truly wants great games.  I am that FF fan who ignores what people say in boards only to realize they were right time and time again.

Don't be angry fanboys, I'm sure you'll still enjoy the game. (Just like I enjoyed FFXIII only to realize I wasted 40 hours of my life after beating it)

No comments:

Post a Comment