Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shattered Horizon - the best fps you've never played

Do you ever wish Ender's Game had a video game?  Well this is the closest thing you're going to get!  Developer Futuremark has given the gaming community something astounding here.  I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the most innovative FPS that I have played since... I don't even know!(seriously I tried to think of one)  I'm writing this to spread the word that reviews for the initial release of the game are an unfair for it is a different game today.


When SH was released on November 4, 2009, it had 4 maps, 3 grenade types, and 1 GUN!  Yes you heard right, 1 gun.  Needless to say people felt like they were paying money to play a beta, an innovative beta, but still.  Two new free updates have since been released.  The first added 4 new maps, while the second update replaced the single gun with 5 new guns, added 3 extra grenade types, a melee weapon, and a side pistol.  SH went from being an innovative but simple game that bored most gamers quickly to a full fledged incredibly deep and tactical gaming experience.  The price tag of $19.99 on steam is the final nail in the coffin, any true fan of the genre who does not love this... is not a true fan.

I must warn that before you buy the game, make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements as they are pretty high.  However, the developers optimized the game so that if your computer meets them, the game will look fantastic and run smoothly.

If you do not own this game trust me when I say, this is the best FPS you've never played.

Now, go here http://store.steampowered.com/app/18110/, watch the trailer, make sure your pc is up to par, and buy it.

I'll see you in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment